The Yodo Line station building has two entrances on the east side
This station is the end of the Dosan Line. It is made up of a side platform and two island platforms serving four tracks with four additional tracks for storage. The Yodo Line arrives and departs from Platform 4, which you can reach after passing over a staircase with 72 total steps slightly removed from the station building. The station building is a one-story building made of reinforced concrete and is located in the mountains in a hollowed out river basin. Because the hollowed out shape of the basin is the origin of the name of both the region and the town (kuboru means “hollowed out”), when the train station was opened in November 1951 (Showa 26), “Kubokawa” was also adopted as the name of the station. Due to the close proximity of the station to Iwamoto-ji Temple, the 37th Temple in the Shikoku 88 Temple Pilgrimage, Kubokawa station is often utilized by pilgrims called henro.
General Information About the Station
|Location||Kochi Prefecture, Takaoka County, Shimanto Town, Kotohira Town 16-24|
|Opening Date||November 12, 1951 (Showa 26)|
|Number of Platforms||3 platforms, 4 tracks|
|Connecting Lines||Tosa Kuroshio Railway Nakamura Line・Dosan Line|