Warning! Shikoku Railways’ highest number of deer crossings?!
This unmanned station with one platform serving one track is the most westerly station on the Kochi Prefecture side. When heading to the next station, you will be able to see the Ehime Prefecture boarder. The station is located in a region to the west of a tributary of the Shimanto River called the Hiromi River, which is how the station got its name (nishigaho means “to the west”).
At the time of opening in March, 1953 (Showa 28), the station was built to extend the Uwajima Line two stations further from Yoshinobu Station. The long platforms with ample room for four train cars serve as a reminder for the Golden Age of the Japanese National Railways. What’s more, the space between the neighboring Matsuchi Station is known as the most common place for deer sightings on all of the Shikoku Railway lines.
General Information About the Station
|Location||Kochi Prefecture, Shimanto City, Nishi Tosa,Nishigaho, Umahikiden|
|Opening Date||March 26, 1953 (Showa 28)|
|Number of Platforms||1 platform, 1 track|