This terminal station also has the Yodo Line railroad yard
One of the five main train stations in Shikoku, this is the final stop on the Yodo Line, which stretches 297.6 kilometers. With a bay platform that serves three tracks, Yodo Line trains run in and out of this station. At the front of the station entrance lined with tropical palm trees, there is a replica of the German engineering company Koppel’s first locomotive, commemorative of the work it did with Uwajima Railways. There is also a monument inscribed with the lyrics from the “Railway Song,” composed by Takeki Owada. In addition, there is a railway-themed room inside the Hotel Clement, located inside the new station building, opened in 1998.
General Information About the Station
|Location||Ehime Prefecture, Uwajima City, Nishiki Town|
|Opening Date||October 18, 1914 (Taisho 3)|
|Number of Platforms||2 platforms, 3 tracks|
|Connecting Lines||Yosan Line|